INNOVATION, EMPLOYMENT & THE ENVIRONMENT
JUNE 22 - 24
INGENIO [CSIC-UPV] | VALENCIA (SPAIN)
Eurkind is a research network that aims at encouraging interdisciplinary debates on how knowledge and innovation and development can shape a better society. The consortium brings together reputable scientists from economics and social sciences based at European and non-European academic institutions. We are pleased to announce that after Nice (France, 2012 & 2015), Turin (Italy, 2014) and Rotterdam (The Netherlands, 2013), the 2016 edition of our yearly GCW conference will be in Valencia (Spain).
Coherent with our mission, GCW 2016 will provide a forum for senior and junior scholars to debate scientific, policy and strategic issues around key issues. This year’s conference will revolve around three main themes: innovation, employment and the environment. Contributions are welcome from a variety of disciplines including economics, management science, geography and science and technology studies.
- Industry dynamics: emergence, transformation, decline
- Governance of innovation
- Methodological approaches: agent-based models, simulation with heterogeneous agents
- Barriers to innovation and to firm growth
- Regional diversification and growth
- New cluster formation, cluster evolution
- Policy mix in support of R&D and innovation
- Human capital: creation, diffusion, adaptation
- Skill emergence, transformation and obsolescence
- Labour market outcomes of technology, trade and policy
- New jobs
- Change in the content of work
- Skill mismatches and skill gaps
- Dynamics of local labour markets
- Evolution of education and training systems
- Creation and adoption of environmental technologies and practices
- New business models in sustainable economies
- Green entrepreneurship and green start-ups
- Environmental economics and complex adaptive systems
- Sustainability transitions
- Finance and venture capital for greening the economy
- Implementation of corporate social responsibility
- Payment of Registration Fees and Conference Dinner May 15, 2016
- Full paper submission June 1, 2016
Please submit your full paper as email attachment to email@example.com
- "Early bird" registration: deadline 29 April!
- Conference only: 250 € (access to the conference, lunch and coffee breaks)
- Conference plus: 300 € (Conference only + bus transfer + gala dinner)
- Standard registration: 30 April-15May
- Conference only: 300 € (access to the conference, lunch and coffee breaks)
- Conference plus: 350 € (Conference only + bus transfer + gala dinner)
Please note: Valencia is very popular in the early summer and hotel capacity may be low during the days of the conference. We STRONGLY recommend all participants to organize their travel well in advance. Please find below some information about accommodation in Valencia.
(CAC: hotel that is located nearby the City of Arts and Science and the gala dinner restaurant)
Camino de vera, s/n
46005 Valencia, Spain
Palau de les Arts - Valencia
Authors must be registered by May 16 to ensure inclusion of their paper in the program. Take advantage of our early registration fee of 250 Euros until April 29. After that date the standard registration fee (300 Euros) will apply.
Please note that if we have not received your registration to GCW2016 by May 15, your paper(s) will not be included in the scientific program of the conference.
To register online, please visit http://bit.ly/1qCyvi0.